Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3: After Loss Self Portrait

Day 3: After Loss Self Portrait

This is a series of photos beginning with the time just after we learned that Julia would have multiple birth defects that pointed to a chromosomal disorder. That was when the grief began-- the fear and feelings of loss -- when I was 23 weeks pregnant.


This photo was taken the day we were given a diagnosis of trisomy 18. Julia was one day old.



This photo was taken when we brought Julia home. She was 3 days old here. We were told she would only live a few days.



Julia lived a beautiful 12.5 months. I have many photos that are not full of grief although grief was never far away. Here is one:



This is a photo taken less than 2 weeks after we lost Julia. we took our older kids to Disney World to get away (and be distracted!) and to do something we could not do while Julia was with us. I needed to hold on to my older kids even tighter and to take care of myself for the little one I was carrying.



Finally, this is a photo of me and my "rainbow baby."  He was born nearly 5 months after we lost Julia.



And the journey continues...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What beautiful pictures! Great post idea. :)

Debbie C said...

Your photos help draw me into your journey. Thanks so much for sharing.

Post a Comment