Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

From Sydney



When I first saw Julia, I looked at her and smiled. ''She's cute'' is the first thing I said. I looked at her, my baby   sister, finally, wrapped in a pink blanket! Oh, how adorable she was! As she grew, she got pretty heavy.(At least to me she was.) Her eyes widened. Julia also got bigger of course. I thought her eyes were greenish brown later on. After her 1 year old birthday,I thought all those possibilities, the bad ones, were over. Little did I know, I was wrong. I feel like it's just been so long! Julia is Julia. She loves to touch bumpy stuff like mini pretzels,bracelets, and necklaces. She loves to snuggle! She does big hilarious stretches! When she sneezes, she puts her arm in front of her and then wipes her face and smiles. Boy, she sure likes a bath! Isaac and I both fight over who should pick out Julia's clothes. I love Julia!

Thanks to Sydney for sharing these thoughts and memories. Both of my girls are one in a million.  

11 comments:

James Walters said...

Beautifully written, Syd! You are such a great big sister.

Jodie said...

Thank you, Sydney. You are a fantastic big sister and such a precious girl! My favorite part of your post is "Julia is Julia." That is perfect!

Sandi said...

Sydney, I don't know you, but I know your parents. These memories of Julia are beautiful -- you will cherish them the rest of your life. When you grow up, you'll be so glad you wrote them down.

Linette said...

Fighting over who gets to pick out Julia's clothes...could Sydney and Isaac possibly be taking after their mother?!? Seriously, though, such a sweet post from a sweet big sister.

Anonymous said...

What fantastic girls you have! Sydney's words are so perfect-thank you for sharing them with us.-Carrie

Ashish said...

Thank you dearest Sydney for sharing your thoughts on you baby sister Julia. I just read your note to Serena and she responded, I love Julia too.... and we love you too Sydney!

helenasc said...

Sydney, you are a wonderful writer, and a wonderful big sister. Thank you so much for writing your beautiful and very touching words.

Anonymous said...

Such sweet words, Sydney, from your heart. Thank you for sharing them. We love you! Grandma and Grandpa

Angela O'Sullivan said...

Sydney those are such wonderful memories! Your writing is beautiful and it obviously comes straight from your heart.

Anonymous said...

So nice to read Syndney`s memories. Selfless, unconditional love in the words of a young girl. So beautiful.

Jennifer said...

That was beautiful Syd! What a thoughtful reflection of a big sister's heart. Love you!

Post a Comment