Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 25: Baby Shower

 Day 25: Baby Shower


There were several offers for baby showers before Julia was born. We knew that she had severe heart defects and likely a chromosome disorder, but because we did not do the amniocentesis we did not know she had Trisomy 18. Her heart defect alone put her life at risk, and in my own heart I felt that Julia's prognosis and diagnosis were worse than we knew. So, I decided I was not up for a baby shower. I had sweet friends, though, who wanted to bless me with a shower anyway. I am thankful that they did. They kept it small and made it so special. Thank you to my dear friends for this beautiful show of love and support.






October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month. This national observance month was established in 1988 by President Reagan.  This post is part of Carly Marie's "Capture Your Grief" 31 day photography project for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment