Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 28: Memory


 Day 28: Memory




Today is about sharing a significant memory from my grief journey. One that stands out to me is from the day Cohen was born. He was born on May 14, nearly 5 months to the day from when we lost Julia. I was in the same delivery room/operating room where I delivered Julia 18 months before. I had the same doctors. I was beginning to feel a sense of deja vu. That feeling combined with the effects of the spinal anesthesia made me start to panic and have difficulty breathing. I was missing and grieving Julia and nervous and excited for Cohen's birth and I just did not know how to reconcile those emotions. In that moment, I had to focus on Cohen. I had to focus on him as the gift she gave us to celebrate life. And when he was born and I saw what a big, healthy baby he was, my heart was full of thankfulness for life -- for the lives of all four of my children. 
I love you, Julia.


October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month. This national observance month was established in 1988 by President Reagan.  This post is part of Carly Marie's "Capture Your Grief" 31 day photography project for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment