Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Monday, October 12, 2015

Capture Your Grief Day 12

Normalizing Grief

I never could have imagined living with this kind of grief before I was forced to. I didn't know what an "angelversary" was or realize that there can be so many triggers. I still struggle with telling new friends about Julia. Thinking about Julia, though, comes very easily and naturally to me. When taking family photos I am always very aware that she is not with us. Often, we make room for her with a photo or a butterfly or a stuffed bear or even just by leaving an empty space for her. She is loved and missed. 


2 comments:

Lisa said...

This particular post REALLY hit home with me. Everything you said. Such a beautiful picture.

BR said...

I didn't know about the stuffed bear! I should have but I didn't and I'm so happy to know now! thank you for sharing this! I just love it! What a neat symbolism. just lovely. btw, oh dear, cohen is so cute in this picture, with those socks and that striped shirt and those eyes of his mother's! :)

Post a Comment