Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 6: Ritual




I decorate a wire tree in my house every month/season for Julia. Some months the decorations reflect a new season and are rather generic. Other months, like Julia's birthday month, I use more personal items like cupcake ornaments. Still other months (like last December and January) I dedicate the tree to all of the trisomy children who are no longer with us. I enjoy adding to my collection of ornaments and hope to personalize each month to incorporate memories of Julia or things that remind me of her. 

The idea of decorating a Julia tree came from Lilly's mom of pray4lilly.blogspot.com.


This post is part of Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief Photography Challenge in honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. To learn more please visit http://carlymarieprojectheal.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment