Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 1: Sunrise

Last year I participated in Carlie Marie's Capture Your Grief Photography Challenge for the month of October, which is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. Although I have not been blogging regularly over the last few months, I want to participate in this challenge again this year on as many days as possible.

Day 1: Sunrise


This photo was taken early one morning (as close to sunrise as I get). The flower is a rose on my Julia rose bush, given to me by my mom and transplanted to our new house this summer. This bloom was the first to open after the move. 

My husband and I often took turns staying up with Julia every night so someone was always awake with Julia. She had erratic sleep habits, and we developed them, too. I was usually the one on the latter part of the night shift, from 2 AM on. I spent many sacred sunrises taking care of Julia, and I am thankful for every single one. 

This post is part of Carly Marie's Capture Your Grief Photography Challenge in honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. To learn more please visit http://carlymarieprojectheal.com

1 comments:

BR said...

Beautiful rose! Precious memories! My mother-in-law has a white rose in her rose garden for our baby Faith that we lost and I always check in on it when we visit.

Post a Comment