Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Monday, August 8, 2011

Newbie



I am very new to blogging. Before I was pregnant with Julia I never "followed" anyone's blog. Sometimes I would check in with the few friends I knew in real life who blogged but it was never more than that. After Julia's birth and diagnosis, I turned daily to the blogosphere for comfort, encouragement, perspective, and understanding. I don't know personally anyone who has been through something like this, so I found many bloggers who are brave enough to share their journey through difficult life situations whether it be loss of a child or spouse, a poor prenatal diagnosis, a child with special needs, a difficult illness, or a child with trisomy 18. Through their experiences and reflections I found a community of sorts where one can freely share sadness and joy, frustration and celebration, grief and healing. Blogging through a difficult diagnosis or loss seems to be a very helpful way to process grief and struggles. I hope to find it helpful in that way, too, and I also want to share my journey with others in similar situations and pay forward what I received and continue to receive from so many.


0 comments:

Post a Comment