Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

9 Months



Happy 9 months to Julia!! Nine months ago I didn't sleep a wink watching the heart rate monitor. Nine months ago the nurses wheeled me in for a c-section, terrified but somewhat relieved this day had come. Nine months ago I did not know your diagnosis but I knew life for you would be a struggle. Nine months ago you were delivered via c-section and quickly whisked away for evaluation. Nine months ago I glimpsed your tiny little beautiful eyes as they wheeled you past me on your way to the nicu. Nine months ago I was in recovery and too weak and sick to make it to the nicu to see you. Nine months ago your daddy stayed with you while I could not be there. Nine months ago we awaited the news of your genetic tests and your ECHO. And, nine months ago I received the most unexpected blessing. Nine months ago the miracle of you came into this world. Nine months ago I became a mommy of three amazing kids.
Today I celebrate your 9 month birthday as a huge milestone. Instead of simply celebrating the day of your birth, I celebrate you and this day and the 274 days since you were born. Thank you for continuing to surprise us daily. Thank you for letting us love you! Happy 9 month birthday, dear one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment