Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Half a Year




Half a year. Six months. 26 weeks. 183 days. Half of your lifespan with us. That's how long it's been since we said goodbye. I don't have any profound thoughts or any great insights right now, so I will focus on what I am thankful for at this point in my journey. I am thankful that I am still standing. I am thankful that I have more good days than bad. I am thankful that the good memories far outweigh the bad ones. I am thankful that I can look at the huge smiling pictures of you on the wall many times a day and smile more than cry. I am thankful that Sydney and Isaac love to talk about you and to look at your photos and videos. I am thankful to have Cohen here reminding me of the healing effects of a new life. I am thankful for the many things you taught me that will be with me forever. I am thankful for the eyes I now have to see the often overlooked. I am thankful for the heart I now have to love more than I thought possible. I am thankful that you are my daughter and that I am your mother.
I do miss you every moment of every day. You are always near to my heart and in my thoughts. I love you forever, precious Julia.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. xoxo

Maureen

Jodie said...

Love to you all!

BR said...

I love you too, Julia.
And I love you, dear Jenny.

Lisa said...

I was thinking about you and Julia on Saturday! Wow - this 6 months - seems so long and so fast at the same time. I miss holding Lilly close snuggled against me. I know you feel the same about Julia. So glad God blessed you with a little baby to fill your arms with and for you to tell stories about Julia to!

Nalah Mari Friesen Smith said...

a beautiful tribute to your precious girl, and her legacy of love

Post a Comment