Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Butterfly House



The butterfly counts not months but moments.







Sydney's class recently visited the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History for a field trip. I decided to meet the class there and tour the museum with Sydney. We passed by the butterfly house but did not go in. Through the window I saw a large chart of different types of butterflies. One of the butterflies on the chart was dryas julia, the Julia Longwing butterfly. After seeing this butterfly on the chart, I knew I had to try and find it. Sydney's class unfortunately was not scheduled to go in that exhibit. Cohen and I just had to explore it though. Once inside there were dozens and dozens of butterflies all around. We wandered through, admiring the beauty and variety of butterflies. One even landed on Cohen's back. Finally, near the exit, I found the area where there were several Julia Longwing butterflies. Seeing these delicate, beautiful butterflies gave me a sense of peace. I'm grateful for these signs of my dear one.








2 comments:

BR said...

Beautiful!

Maureen said...

How beautiful!

Post a Comment