Dancing in the Rain
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 " alt="Slideshow Image 3" /> src="http:>

A Trisomy 18 Journey

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. -- Vivian Greene

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Growing Up



Isaac started kindergarten this week. Sydney also started a new school at the same time. I already miss both of them terribly. I love having them around all of the time, even the moments when they make me a little (or a lot) crazy. However, my sister reminded me recently of a very important point as her son started kindergarten. This day, this first day of school, of kindergarten or third grade, is a milestone and therefore it should be celebrated as such. One of Julia's legacies to our family is the idea that every day is a gift. My son beginning kindergarten is a gift. My daughter's new school and the new possibilities it brings is a gift. Cohen's amazing growth and all of his milestones are a gift. So I tried to remember that my tears (and there were not too many!) on Isaac's first day of kindergarten and Sydney's first day of third grade, are tears of joy that we get to share such milestones. I am excited for the new school year-- for new friends, new experiences, new independence, and new growth.






3 comments:

Jodie said...

Ooh, I like the zebra backpack! I am glad to see that Isaac had a smile on his face. :) looking forward to hearing all about the first week.

BR said...

Growing kiddos looking good for the day.
Isaac looks a little tooo big though. Sweetie Syd will prosper wherever she is, I know.
Cohen! Precious!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written! Hope their week has gone well!
Maureen

Post a Comment